We've all heard the song. Some of us love it, some of us love to hate it. "What Makes Us Beautiful," by One Direction was my most favorite song for about a week, and then I moved on. But yesterday I listened to the lyrics, and I realized how appropriate they are for this little project of mine.
"You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads
when you walk through the door. Don't need make-up to
cover up being the way that you are is enough."
While these lyrics aren't exactly earth-shaking like the lyrics of other bands I love, they can be used for the purpose of this blog. Whenever I meet someone new, I always try and find what is beautiful about them. Maybe their smile, maybe their eyes (usually their eyes), or just their overall warmth as a human being. Everyone is beautiful. I don't mean that in a cheesy way, or to say it because you have never heard someone say that. But how often do we tell each other, "You are so beautiful."? Probably not often. No wonder why so many people (especially of the female variety) do not feel like they are the lovely creations that they are. No one is telling them that they are! And a lot of times, no one has ever told them. Remind someone today that, "being the way that you are is enough." It could end up making their day, and probably yours too!
No comments:
Post a Comment