Not sure why, I am I like Ellen and her show, but it was kind of weird. I started thinking about Ellen right after I walked out of dorm, "If I just had a little bit of cover-up on, than I would feel better about myself right now." That is ridiculous! I need to stop covering up, and start being vulnerable. Ellen is someone who genuinely believes that everyone is beautiful, and beauty is skin deep. But today I just needed some humor in my life, and I read this part of her book, "Seriously...I'm Kidding."
Ellen: Since I am a CoverGirl, I thought if any of you are interested in learning a little bit about modeling I could offer you some tips. I’ve sashayed down plenty of catwalks in my day - well, one. But I know what it takes to make an impression. So here are some suggestions, as long as you are willing to be fierce.
One: The LookAlways look like you’re angry at the universe for making you too pretty.
Two: The WalkTrot. Aggressively, like you’re a horse that’s trying to avoid puddles.
Three: The SquintSquint like someone is bouncing sunlight off their watch and directly into your eyes.
Four: The PoutGet those lips out there. Purse your lips like you’re trying to sip out of a straw that someone keeps moving away from you.
Five: The PoseBe mysterious. Always pose with one hand in your pocket as if to say, “I’m so mysterious, this hand in my pocket could be a hook hand. You don’t know.”
Six: The BreezeCarry a giant oscillating fan with you at all times. No exceptions.
Now put it all together. Trot! Squint! Get the straw! Who’s a pretty girl? You are. Keep trotting!
Hahahahah I seriously died of laughter when I read this. Thankful for laughter on days when my heart is heavy, and for people who tell others, "You are beautiful, especially because of your heart."
Oh and enjoy this video. Happy Monday! http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=-7YzJr3ZJu0

No comments:
Post a Comment