Tuesday, November 13, 2012

20! Still Young & Fun.

Sweet goodness, I cannot believe that I am twenty years old! When the heck did that happen?! I am two decades old...aka an old woman.  When I was a kid, I thought 20 was the age to be married and have kids.  I mean if that's you, then that's fine but I am not ready yet!

Anyways, my birthday was two days ago and this new age is still sinking in.  It hasn't quite hit me yet.  Hot dang, I am so old.

This is weekend was kind of hard because my family ridiculed me a lot for this blog thing, which is fine
because they are my family and they can do that.  Especially my sister, but I just gave it right back to her.  She just kept saying, "I don't get it. I just don't get it. You can't even explain it." I told her some things I wrote on my blog, but as I said the words I fell short in explaining it.  Then I said, "It's just an adventure."  I kid you not, that was all it took for her to understand why I'm not wearing makeup until Jan. 7th.  Yes, I have other reasons, of course but this made sense to me too.  My sister and I have always been keen on a good adventure.  You might not know from looking at us, but we were world explorers as kids.  Well just backyard explorers, but we had fun.

This weekend I thought about two of my favorite topics: Adventure & Childhood.

Usually I would take this time to delve into a long discussion with myself about why we should stay kids at heart and why we should always have a heart for adventure.  Very important things, but instead I think I will just give a list of how to do these things.

20 Ways to Be an Adventurous Person!

Fall:
1. Collect leaves into a pile, and jump in them until your hearts content.
2. Carve silly pumpkins, and eat pumpkin seeds.
3. Climb a tree.
4. Go to a cornmaze, always a blast!
5. Go on a bike ride if you have Indian Summer (when the temperature gets weirdly hot in fall).

Winter:
1. Make a snow angel-lots of them!
2. Have a snowball fight. So much fun.
3. Make a snowman, and try to dress it in a unique way!
4. Go christmas caroling, even if your voice is terrible.
5. Go sledding, and bring homemade hot chocolate! Mhmm.

Spring:
1. Make a small garden (or big if you can do that!) Keep track of your flowers growth.
2. Jump in puddles! Lots of them.
3. Go on a hike or walk outside.  See if you can find any animals or make whistles out of acorns.
4. Go to the park and swing, maybe pack a picnic.
5. Play hopscotch or a game that reminds you of your childhood.

Summer:
1. MUD FIGHT! No joke.
2. Turn on the sprinkler, regardless of your age, and play in it.
3. Make your own slip n' slide or play in one you own.
4. Make bubbles!
5. Have a squirt gun fight.

Have fun!

With Love,
No Make-up Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment