Monday, November 5, 2012

Be-You-tiful

I have learned a lot of really hard lessons during the course of this journey.  Here's a few:

1. Be kind to those around you, every single person even if they aren't kind back.

2.  Think of others before yourself, and try to limit the amount of times that you say I or me.  Also, limit saying, "That happened to me once, but..." because if you are like me and you're trying to talk about yourself all the time, it just comes off as self-centered. (Oops sorry friends!)

3.  Act like a fool. It makes life a lot more fun.

4. Pray like crazy.  When someone asks for prayers, stop and pray in that moment.  When something is hard in your life, pray for it.  Pray for your family, your friends, even your pesky neighbor.  Pray, pray, pray.  And when you are done, pray.

5. And my favorite, do not try to be something that you are not.

I don't mean that you shouldn't grow and change, I am a HUGE advocate of growth.  But I am not an encourager of trying to fit into a mold that you just were not designed to fit into.  So many people say, "Today, I'm going to be like that person.  They seem happy, and they always get what they want."  That is just baloney on a stick. Period.  Someone may be happy in their life, and that is something to be excited about for them.  And even if you are unhappy in your own life, it doesn't mean you cannot achieve happiness.  So many of our problems (especially us women) come from discontent hearts, jealousy, and the ever popular comparison game.  I have run my self ragged these past few weeks trying to be a friend, a daughter, good in school, a mentor to high school girls, a sister, and a Christian that I am just dog tired.  But I forgot to check where my confidence and my identity comes from-Jesus alone!  That's the only thing I can boast about and the only thing that defines me.  It might seem crazy to you or weird, but in my life it brings me hope in the darkest of days.

Grow, change, and continue to try your best.  It is all anyone can ask for, your best.  But give yourself some grace when you mess up.  And please do us all a favor, don't try and be something you are not for anyone.  Nothing good will come of that.  Embrace that beautiful, awesome, and wonderful person you were created to be.  Remember that, "comparison is the thief of joy."  Do not let anything steal your joy, and I will try to do the same.  Your family, your real friends, and the special person you love will adore you for YOU!  What an awesome freedom that is.

And now some picts of my favorite thing: ACT A FOOL. Ha


To the right--my girl Allie & I at my house just being silly.  She always knows how to make me laugh and smile.
                   My roommate from last year, Carley.  She is always a great assist in acting a fool.






Oh, and me just being a nut in general. Basically on the daily.







So remember to be yourself & to just enjoy every single day!

With Love,
No Make-Up Nina




No comments:

Post a Comment