I know it's not January 7th, but I have to cut my project short! I know it sounds like I'm flaking out on it, but I started this project back in August and I just have to stop. It is not a matter of insecurity or anything like that, but I actually need to protect my skin.
You may think that makeup is just used to improve your appearance, but I learned over the course of the project that it actually works to protect your skin! I was beginning to have really bad breakouts because my makeup wasn't there to protect my skin from some harsh germs our body encounters every day. Even my phone alone is probably covered in germs, and without my makeup to protect from it, I was getting bad breakouts. I'm not going to wear a lot of makeup and I probably will still go a lot of days without it, but I just have to do this for my skin! (Also makeup can be used to protect you from harmful sun rays, who knew?!)
But I still challenge you to do this if you rely on makeup. You do not need makeup to be beautiful or the right hairstyle or clothing choice, you don't need to be a size 0. Throw your hair back in that pony tail, and definitely remove any layers that you hide behind regardless of the avenue you choose to hide with. Stop running yourself ragged with those workouts, and starving yourself. Or stop spending hundreds on the perfect outfit or that manicure. You are beautiful in those sweatpants and a tee shirt!
Things I learned:
1. Makeup is actually good for your skin and can be beneficial! (Ironic to say the least)
2. I LOVE makeup (bet you weren't expecting that one)
3. I am beautiful without makeup
4. The world is filled with beautiful people, and most of them shine with inner beauty. The mom of four kids who gives all she can. I have seen a lot of those women, and they are so beautiful.
5. People like to be told that they are beautiful, sometimes they react weirdly but most people get really excited when you just tell them the truth!
6. Oh, and my new favorite game. It's called, "Pick one thing to compliment about every single person you see, and focus on that." Long title, it's still in the works. But every person you pass think, "I like her hat." "Wow, her hair is so pretty." "He has a great smile!" "I love those shoes." And you do that to every single person you see. So much fun! And it makes you feel really good inside.
7. Friends and family should be told how much they are loved more often.
8. Inspiring others is incredibly fun sometimes.
9. Not everyone will support you, but it's okay!
10. BeYOUtiful! Be you- it is the most beautiful, most worthwhile person you can be. And people love it when you are yourself.
With Love,
Nina
No comments:
Post a Comment