Sunday, November 25, 2012

Once upon a Buckeye...

So, currently I live in the beautiful and wonderful town of Bowling Green, OH and I absolutely love it.
I do not want to put down this place in any way, but there was a time way back when as a young whipper snapper when I lived in a little place called....

COLUMBUS, OHIO!!!!!! C-Bus if you will. Aka the Buckeye State.

Me cheering on the bucks probably. (Making pops proud)



There are few things I refuse to stop doing, and cheering for O-H-I-O is one of those things.  You see, both of my mom's brothers played for Ohio State back in the day, and I was born to respond positively whenever I see those marvelous colors: scarlet & gray!

Yesterday, my beloved Buckeyes beat that awful team up north and finished their winning season with 12 wins and 0 losses.  Words cannot even express how excited I got, and how much I just love this team.  Also, yesterday Jim Tressel and an alumni team crossed the field in recognition and he received a standing ovation from the roaring crowd.  As I watched Tressel cross the field, and heard the words, "Once a buckeye, always a buckeye," I actually cried.  This man has great controversy around him, but I will never for a second forget all he is and all he means to the Buckeye Nation.  I love that bond that this team brings with my family, my friends, and others who cheer for these wonderful players.

No matter where I go, "Once a buckeye, always a buckeye," will remain true.

Go BUCKS! O-H-I-O

Summer's heat or winter's cold
                                                    The seasons pass the years will roll 
Time and change will surely show
How firm thy friendship Ohio.

With Love,
No Make-Up Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment