Thursday, September 6, 2012

More Beautiful Us

So this video is one very close to my heart.  Oh, how sweet these lyrics are and I am so thankful that they always come at just right the time.

Even last night, I was just not feeling good about myself.  Which is okay, but this song is just such a great reminder of who we are and our beauty.  For me my beauty, my identity, and my self-worth comes from knowing a wonderful God who created me as I am.  Truly this song makes me cry every time I hear it because before I knew God I was looking for a guy to love me, a skinny figure to get the guy, and looks to match.  What a joy it has been to be a new person, but I am still growing in this idea that I am beautiful.

Some of the lyrics: "There could never be a more beautiful you. Don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops, they make you jump through. You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do, so there could never be a more beautiful you."  We are constantly giving into and listening to the lies that surround us on a daily basis.

Here is a truth you can hold onto, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."-Psalm 139:14





No comments:

Post a Comment