I warned you that this blog is going to be about my faith, too. How could it not be?! It is the most important thing in my life, the only thing that keeps me going in this often draining world. Today I felt surrounded by love, prayer, and endless support. I woke up this morning, and I was excited to dress up for church. You know, sunday best and all that jazz. Anywhooooooo. I started to put on make-up when I came to some awesome realizations.
Who am I trying to look nice for? Who at church am I trying to impress? Well after a bit of soul searching (or five minutes of it) I realized my reason for looking good at church were not good reasons at all. Also, I tried to justify wanting to wear make-up by the fact that I would not wear it for the next four days. But that's not the point of what I'm doing. That is terrible way of viewing this project. Wear no make-up for four days, earn three days of make-up?? Umm...nope.
Here's the thing: God made me. In His image. Not in the image of any movie star, supermodel, or singer.
![]() |
| Feeling good in the outdoors! (And make-up free!!!) |
Love,
No Make-Up Nina

No comments:
Post a Comment