 |
I say this all the time, never ever settle.
|
I say this often, usually to myself. We often settle for things that we shouldn't. Bad jobs, bad friends, and bad boyfriends/girlfriends. Honestly, I am fed up of living in a culture that settles. When we are young we settle for friendships that are often mediocre because we are unaware of the fact that there can beautiful friendships outside of those, sometimes we hope for better friends but people may go through life without them. Then, as we get older we settle for a significant other who is essentially just a warm body to hold, not someone we are in love with. And you tell those around you, "We are just having fun, it's nothing serious. I don't think I would marry them." But then you get even older, and you think your biological clock is ticking so you marry them. And then have children with them, and potentially fall out of this love that was never really solid in the first place. Sometimes we settle for a job we hate, until we find the right one. We keep dreaming for things to get better, but are often not proactive enough to make them better. What a heart-breaking reality that some people in this world are unhappy with their friends, unhappy with their jobs, unhappy with their marriages, and unhappy with themselves. I hope I never say, "Well I guess this is as good as it is going to get, so I will just keep it." And shrug my shoulders because life is much richer, much more valuable, and filled with a lot more purpose than that. I will never stop dreaming, and I will never give up on fulfilling those dreams. I hope you do the same for yourself, and if you are settling for something-I hope you know you deserve better and there is hope for a better life.
"You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope that one day you'll join us, and the world will be as one."--John Lennon
No comments:
Post a Comment